Monday, February 19, 2007

the real deal

ok, I need to get real, lest I slip too far. I bought three expensive pairs of shoes online yesterday, with my party credit card. Like, a $300. set back. I haven't bought new shoes in four months, and that pair was used, for $20. I recently decided to stop wearing shoes that are bad for my feet, that I can't comfortably walk in. I am convinced that sexy shoes can be found, of the healthy variety. But that revelation shouldn't have translated into a zombie command to go use my credit card...I did it via mail order. My plan is to send at least one pair back (I figure they won't all be right, and I am picky). Then, I must make good on the debt. What part of my slim budget will suffer for this? Ugh.

Other recent bad habits: $22. for a used jacket two days ago. A damn parking ticket in a "street sweeping" zone: $50. That makes me so mad!!! It was on a street I don't know that well, and there were other cars there at first. I didn't know!!! I'm really not an idiot! Damn them! I acted like a little bit of an idiot when I bought those shoes, though...

No comments: